Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm Almost a Runner

Today I had a breakthrough in my running. I finally did the first 8 minutes of my run without even breathing hard! This is a big accomplishment for me. For the past five weeks, I've been following a training program that teaches one how to run a 5K and every single run has been on the same level of torture as having my fingernails pulled off one by one. I know, I was grossly out of shape, but apparently, my sluggish body has finally achieved some stamina. I was so excited about it that I did the rest of my run around the neighborhood with a big grin on my face! Call me a big nerd, but at least I'm a big nerd who can RUN! Yippee!!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Good for you!! Marathon here you come!

Abbigail said...

that rules Becky! Now if I could walk up a flight of stairs without it being torture! ;)

Julie said...

I love your blog! And I admire you greatly for running. I tried to work up to a 5k once, but never made it. I am just not a runner. How embarrassing is that?

Kelly Bakes said...

Hey Becky
That's awesome about the run! By the time you read this, you can probably go even further. Let me know where you got the training program. You've inspired me to get my flab in gear....
Kelly

Janie said...

your awesome!! Go Becky, go.