Saturday, July 28, 2007

The One That Started It All

A little addendum to my Making Up My Own Song post . . . today I was reminded how slow I can be sometimes. You know that old song by Genesis, Invisible Touch? It came on the radio today so I started singing along with it. There's a line in it that goes, "She seems to have an invisible touch yeah." Here is the line that I have sung for years, "She sees a hat and invisible touch it." I know. My version makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It just added to my idea (while I was growing up, not now, of course) that most songs don't make much sense. Jere just shakes his head and tries to make himself believe that one day I will think these things through a bit more thoroughly . . .

3 comments:

Meg said...

You are so funny. Do you remember when you corrected me on a song once. It's the one that says, "Walking on, walking on, walking on broken glass." (I think). I was singing it once in front of you as, "Walking on, walking on, walking on Bulagan Drive." You laughed so hard at me and made so much fun of me. I guess it's your pay back time. Glad to see we both do it though.
Hey, you have to check back on my blog for a response to your comment about the "Twilight" series.

Julie said...

I am laughing because I've always sung it "She seems to have a visible heart, yeah." that might be worse than invisible hat! It's Phil's fault--he shouldn't sing with a mouthful of bonbons or whatever rockstars eat.

Lisa said...

Oh mt gosh, speaking of mistakes I just realized that your blog address says "dingogirl" and not "dinogirl." I've always just got to your blog from your link and all this time I thought you must be really into dinosaurs...the world makes sense again!