Monday, August 13, 2007

My Ashlee

I love having a daughter. It has given me the chance to take a peek into what I might have been like growing up. Ashlee has such a great little personality and there are so many things I love about her. She's very sensitive to other people's feelings (and animals, too). The other day, I came downstairs and found her in the laundry room with Frankie. She had decided that he was bored and quickly provided him with entertainment and toys.


In this picture, she has put out her VideoNow player (in case Frankie wanted to watch a movie) and a rubber chicken and a toy helicopter, in case he'd like some toys to play with. It's all neatly placed on top of his dog chow bag for added convenience.


Here she has provided the poor bored puppy (who is supposed to be spending his time eating breakfast) with a very chic silver ribbon around his neck, a bouncy ball, and a tupperware lid full of an assortment of toys. One of the toys in the lid is a tiny little plastic armchair. Ashlee explained that Frankie needed some furniture to sit on.


She was very pleased with herself. And Frankie enjoyed the pampering (I think.) I love this sweet, adorable, kind, loving, dimpled little girl.

4 comments:

Meg said...

That is so cute. You give me hope for my little one. Right now she sees it her duty to make grocery shopping the hardest thing her mother will ever have to do. I'll remind her of that someday when she calls me from the store and her 2 yr. old is going crazy in the background.

Janie said...

Oh, she is so cute! So is that doggie, what great pictures and what a nice Ashlee :)

Abbigail said...

What a nice girl you have. I always have loved Ashlee... especially her love for animals. That is the cutest thing I have ever heard of.

.............................. said...

Ashlee is such a cutie. Is she excited to start kindergarten? I miss our lunches :)