Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween Fun

Happy Halloween! This year, Nick went as Link from the Legend of Zelda game and Ashlee went as Princess Aurora (also known as Sleeping Beauty.)



Look closely at the one where Ashlee is with some of her classmates (top right). You might have to click on it to enlarge it a bit. It seems that the "princess" has decided to give the poor girl in orange some bunny ears for the photo. I never thought a kindergartener could be that obnoxious! I had to put this one up because it makes me laugh! Ashlee looks like a football player posing for a team photo!


Trick or treating was a lot of fun. We went over to Janie and Andrea's neighborhood and Ashlee was pleasantly surprised to her see her old friend Josie from preschool whom she hasn't seen for at least a year, probably longer. All the kids had fun running from house to house and getting LOTS of candy.



There is a guy in our neighborhood who goes all out for Halloween. He decorates his entire property including parking a skeleton-driven hearse on the street. The creepiest part was the weird creature riding behind the skeleton. It seriously freaked me out! It was pretty hard to see in the dark so by the time you get up close enough to the window to see what it really is, you're face to face with it and that's when you wet your pants with fright! Ashlee was scared so I had to pretend that I was perfectly OK with it, even though I wanted to scream like a banshee! What is a banshee, anyway?? Hope you all had a great Halloween!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute pics! I'm so surprised Nick went as a video game character. : ) Oh, and I had to laugh because the expression on Ashlee's face really did make it look like she was posing for a team photo.

Abbigail said...

any news on a car?

caligirl said...

We miss Michigan!! Reading your blog makes us miss it even more. Zack an Abby miss Nick and Ashlee so much. Especially when I showed them the pictures! Your pictures are so cute! Keep it up. I didn't know Michelle Garn was expecting!! How exciting!-Talli

Janie said...

Ok, FREAKY! That is all I have to say about that skeleton/hearse thing. Love the costumes they must be professionally made!!

.............................. said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the costumes! I miss hanging out. Enjoy the snow for us!

heathermommy said...

Hey Becky,

Cute blog! Your kids are getting so big! It's fun to see your family. Talk to you soon.

Heather

Meg said...

Time for a new one - don't ya think!

Lisa said...

You're killing me with this Halloween stuff! I was visited your Ward today for Ward conference and I was hoping to see you! : (