Thursday, April 10, 2008

Giving Thanks

Many years ago, I was watching Oprah and she talked about how important it was to give thanks everyday. She said that she had started a Gratitude Journal where she would write down all the things she was grateful for everyday. She also added that doing this had changed her life. I was all inspired and almost went and started a journal myself. Unfortunately, I never got around to it and even though my life feels overwhelmingly difficult right now, I'd like to show my thanks.

This is what I'm thankful for today (in no particular order):

1. Nick and Ashlee
2. A warm & extremely comfortable bed to sleep in every night
3. The fact that I have never had to go hungry in my life
4. To live in a country that offers so many opportunities to improve your lot in life
5. An amazing network of supportive family members and friends
6. An insulin pump that allows me to live like a normal person even though I have diabetes
7. A six-year-old who still gives me snuggle time, kisses and hugs

6 comments:

Janie said...

What a great idea! Everyone should do this the world would be a better place.
Way to have a good attitude even when life is tough! You go girl.

AngiDe said...

That is an awesome idea! Definetely something I should pick up too!
I had no idea you were Twilight lover too! We should chat; you probably know about the movie coming out in Dec right? Guess who's playing Edward?

AngiDe said...

That is an awesome idea! Definetely something I should pick up too!
I had no idea you were Twilight lover too! We should chat; you probably know about the movie coming out in Dec right? Guess who's playing Edward?

dlparker said...

We're thankful for you.
Hang in there!

RicAnn said...

Becky-
Oh how I'll miss you! It was so nice hangin out, chattin, and of course eatin with you today. I am so sad we didn't do it more before I left :( If you're ever in Ut let me know I'd love to get together! Make sure you keep in touch.

Stay cute-
RicAnn
(this felt like a yearbook signin)

PS You're on my first to know list.

Abbigail said...

i am thanksful to have you around me. thanks for lunch and helping me feel normal.