Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Written by Nicholas John

Everyday when the kids get home from school, I pull all their papers out of their backpacks. The other day, I found the beginnings of some writing that Nick had done. I thought it was very well written, especially for an 8-year-old, so I decided to post it here:

'How Hard Life Was: Collection 1: Book 1/10'

Chapter 1/10: 10,000 B.C.
Here in the unknown abyss, I lie in my only shelter, a cave, captured. I was trying to find lizard eggs but when I found the 5th egg, I got captured. I tried to get my knife but it was too late. So I am about to get burned in this cave when my thoughts were disrupted by the social studies teacher. I looked at the board and knew the answer immediately . . .

Chapter 2/10: "Classical" Time Machine
11:59:10 a.m. It's almost time to go in, I told myself. I made a bet with someone that I wouldn't sweat. I felt a drop of sweat forming.


Not too bad! I'll post more if he writes the rest, but for now I just wanted to show off my boy!

4 comments:

Byron said...

Not too bad? That is incredible! He has a sweet imagination and a great descriptive way to express what he is wanting to say. So did you know he could write like this or is this a surprise to you? He's going to make bank someday...watch out Grisham!

Janie said...

That is amazing! Way to go Nick!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

Wow! Nick is awesome! Mike and I were amazed, encourage him to keep up with that!

AngiDe said...

Whoa! New York Times best seller here he comes!