Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Funny Things My Kids Say

Today we went on a "nature walk" together up around County Farm Park. My main intent was to give us all a good opportunity to exercise, but along the way I challenged them to find 5 different kinds of leaves and then collect some for crayon rubbings. Nick & Ash loved the fact that we found some wild raspberries, animal poop that was full of seeds and some really beautiful flowers. Along the way I decided to review my biology class material by telling them all about how antibodies work to help your body fight off "foreign invaders" like viruses. They seemed thoroughly interested and we had a good conversation about it. When it was time to go, we started our walk home. I asked them if they enjoyed learning about nature and they said they had a good time. Then I realized we had forgotten our leaves for crayon rubbings. Nick said, "We may have come away empty-handed, but we didn't come away empty-minded!" Good observation, Nick!

This afternoon I was driving Nick to karate practice. Ashlee was reading her Horse A to Z Dictionary. We were at a stoplight when she says, "Mom! Did you know there is a horse in here called an ass?" I said, "A what?" She said, "An ass!" (Nick starts giggling here.) I said, "Are you sure that's what it says? How is it spelled?" She said, "A - S - S." (Nick laughs even harder!) I said, "Let me see that." She handed me the book and sure enough, there was a picture of a donkey with the word Ass next to it. I said, "Oh yeah. That's a donkey and they're sometimes called jackasses or asses. But I wouldn't go around saying that word too much. Just use it for donkeys." Nick said, "Yeah, Ash. Don't say ass!"

8 comments:

AngiDe said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny!!! I love that kids will still say the funniest things at all ages!!!

Naomi said...

Hilarious! Yes, I started a blog, but I only JUST started it, so you aren't out of the loop. I have been backdating my posts to make it a little bit more substantial.

Lisa said...

LOL! Life would be no fun without our kids to crack us up!

Byron said...

Love the new face of your blog! Glad to hear some updates...I thought maybe you got stuck in winter and never made it out. Oh, wait, you actually were at book club last month.... Hee Hee... (I love to tease you!)

Abbigail said...

he he he!!!! I love Ashlee

Janie said...

So funny-- Your kids are hilarious!! Oh, and you should quit writing swear words all over your posts.
Glad to know your alive since you won't answer your phone. Just kidding, kind of.

Kara and Mike Barber said...

So funny! I wish I could have been a fly on the car window. Sounds like you are super busy, I hope everything is going well! We need to get together soon!

Mandy said...

I seriously was laughing out loud! How funny are they! Hope to talk to you soon!