Friday, July 25, 2008

The Month of May 2008

In May, we took a fun road trip to Cleveland, Ohio to see my sister Natalie and her hubby and son. They were there for a business trip and invited us to stay with them at their hotel. There was a really cool playground close by that the kids really enjoyed . . .

. . . Ashlee and Braden gave this dinosaur a good workout!


We didn't miss our chance to eat at PF Chang's, which is one of our favorite restaurants.


We also hit the Cleveland Zoo. Ashlee and Nick wasted no time mapping out our day!


We even made a quick trip to Australia! OK, so that's not entirely true. This was part of the "Australian Adventure." I thought this sign was cool because Ballarat is where I once lived.


Aaron and Braden took a ride on the camel. Don't ask me what this has to do with Australia. I don't remember seeing any when I lived there. Maybe they should move this attraction to the "Saudi Arabia Adventure." That makes way more sense, I think.


Ash and Jere admiring the lions from a distance (thankfully!)


The last day of our trip we went to the Cleveland Science Center. It was also Mother's Day. I would have liked to have been at home being pampered, but I guess whatever makes the kids happy, makes me happy, too.


I did get to go hang gliding through the Grand Canyon so I can't complain.


Jere gave himself a PET scan.


And after making fun of Aaron because he couldn't balance this skateboard for long, I was put to shame by not staying on it much longer, and to top it off, both Nick and Ash stayed on for at least 10 times longer than I did. Oh the shame!!


Ashlee used some sort of secret Egyptian balancing stance . . .


Nick also turned 9! Yeah, I can't believe it either. Here he is at our favorite b-day joint, Red Robin after opening some goodies from Grandma.


And more presents at home, including a tennis raquet and a Rubik's cube. Happy Birthday buddy!

No comments: