Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Month of June

June was quite a busy month with the school year ending and all the activities that come along with it.


Nick received his red belt in karate (this was technically at the very end of May) and we were so proud of him!


Ashlee graduated from Kindergarten. It's weird to think that she's not a baby anymore. Here she is with one of her best buddies, Lilly.


The kindergarten class had a little potluck get together with all the parents. This is Ashlee's teacher, Mrs. Duman.


The end of the school year also brought the end of Ashlee's soccer season. Here she is getting her team photo and medal from her coach, Don Packard.


She was so excited about this medal, especially since it had her name engraved on it.


These are most of the girls from Ashlee's team.


Ashlee also performed in a "Goldilocks & the Three Bears" play for Kindergarten. She got to play Mama Bear and said her lines perfectly. Good job Ash!


Jere took Nick to his first professional baseball game at Comerica Park in Detroit. It was the LA Dodgers (Jere's favorite team) vs. the Tigers.


Unfortunately, the grey skies brought a torrential downpour . . .


. . . and Nick was not excited about being soaked to the bone! Even their socks were full of water! Free air conditioning, right?

7 comments:

The Lingwalls said...

Wow, a lot of milestones! I'm glad you're trying to catch up with your posts!

Now...if you happen to post any pictures of me, let me approve them first! I have not been too photogenic in the last couple of years. :)

I was SO sad when you left. It's amazing how badly I need you...a rough couple of months I must say!

Love you!

AngiDe said...

Busy busy!!! So, are you so deep into the book? I'm dying here! We should get together and chat about it!

RicAnn said...

I love the last pic of Nick! Sounds like you've had a very busy June. So fun!

I'll be back soon, I am so ready for a good time!

Abbigail said...

cute. Ash has told me about Lilly and how cool she is. wow.

Janie said...

Fun to go to a Tigers game, but the rain--not so fun. Nick doesn't look too happy there. Ashley is a big first grader now, no more babies at the Freeman household--maybe it's time for new baby! JK.

Lisa said...

I LOVE that last picture!

nickyfish said...

It's good to see all the cute photos of your kids! How are you? I'm glad to finally be blogger savvy so I can keep in touch on a more regular basis. I'm not going to make it out to AA this fall, but I'm hoping to do a family trip next summer. If you come to Salt Lake, please come visit. Hope you're doing well. Nicole