Monday, November 10, 2008

My Sweet Girl

This morning I was rushing around trying to get the kids ready for school. Ashlee had worn a t-shirt to bed that was so small for her that a lot of her belly was showing. As I was getting her dressed, I told her that her belly button was so cute that I wanted to pinch it. She giggled and finished getting dressed, turned around and said, "OK, Mom, I'm ready. You can pinch me now!" I said, "Why do you want me to pinch you? I was just joking around!" She said, "Because I want you to be happy!"
My kids are like night and day. I sometimes wonder how they even come from the same gene pool. Whenever I ask Nick if I can have one of his chocolate Halloween candies, he is quick to reply, "No! It's my candy!" I'll say, "Pretty please? Just one little candy?" I continue to get the same answer. (He has only shared something with me twice in his entire nine years, and even then it was with such reluctance that it doesn't count as sharing.) So I move on to Ashlee and say, "Ash, can Mommy have one of your Halloween chocolates?" Happily she says, "Sure Mom." I say, "Which one can I have?" She says, "You can pick whichever one you really like." Adorable.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh, that is totally adorable! I love these stories.

Janie said...

She is a sweetie. BTW, kids love to "share" their Halloween candy while they are at school :)

Abbigail said...

cute...... I love Ashlee. she was so sweet to Kitty at her party. Kitty asked, "Where did Ashlee go?" after you left.