Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One New Year's Resolution

Yep. I said one. I only have ONE New Year's resolution this year, and let me tell you, it is quite lofty:

Do not eat anything after dinner in the evenings.

This is in attempt to stop my winter fat layer from getting any thicker. You would think that this is a very simple goal, but here I am already 7 days into the new year, and I haven't been able to do it yet. I can usually go through a day with pretty minimal food intake, but once the sun goes down and the cold gets colder, I suddenly lose any semblance of will power. I eat my dinner and mentally tell myself, "OK. This is it until tomorrow morning. You can do it!" About 2 hours afterwards, I find myself wandering back into the kitchen, staring at an open cupboard or an open fridge and before you know it, I've added another 3 or 4 hundred calories to my day, more if there's chocolate involved. Ooh, I shouldn't say "chocolate" this time of night. Sigh . . . it's a good thing I emptied the house of any chocolate supply or I'd be off to hunt for some right now. Maybe I have some leftover chocolate chips in my baking cabinet. No, I ate those a long time ago -- there are chocolate chips in granola bars, though . . .

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I seriously felt like I was reading my own post. Trust me, I know how you feel. Makes me feel a little better to know that there's others like me out there though! : )

AngiDe said...

dang girl! I hear ya on that one.... so hard for me too! Good luck!

P.S. check out the twilight blog... news about who is going to play Jacob Black ;)

XO

Abbigail said...

I totally relate myself. I always want cereal after dinner before bed. And in the middle of the night, forget about it. Maybe this should be my one resolution as well.
XXX

Janie said...

You go girl! Winter is hard, I have the same problem. Actually it's a year round problem for me. Good Luck!

Balcena Family said...

DITTO...'nuf said. If it makes you feel any better, I do the same thing, but living in the south the cold doesn't get colder at night...but I have the thick layer of winter fat anyway...and it keeps getting thicker!

The Lingwalls said...

A crappy thing to consider...you have a sweet tooth. AND you got the diabetes. I, on the other hand, don't have a sweet tooth at all! And I don't have the diabetes. Murphy's law? I have the same issue at night...I think I just eat dinner too early. :(