Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sledding with Grandpa


Grandpa was so excited to take the kids sledding that he went out and bought new sleds! (My question was "Where are the old sleds?" But I think poor Grandpa is getting older because he couldn't remember what happened to them . . .) But this is a favorite memory for me because Grandpa turned into a little boy in all the excitement!


Nick was less than thrilled so I told him to at least have one turn down the hill and then he could go inside. Six or seven tries later, he was still giving it a go. Unfortunately, the whining did not subside.


Can you believe how blue the sky was???


Ashlee and Grandpa making snow angels. This is one of my most favorite photos because it shows what a good sport Grandpa was to really get down and play with the kids. Either that or he was just so tired by this point that he couldn't get up!


Grandma came out and decided to join the fun! So did the neighbor's dog. This dog had a bad habit of standing directly in your path when you wanted to go down the hill. On top of that, it was deaf so you couldn't get it to move unless you got up off your sled, walked halfway down the hill, and physically removed the dumb mutt.

5 comments:

dennis39 said...

The scare thing is that I don't remember having sleds. We used to go out and buy big innertubes but I have no idea where they went either.

A few weeks later, Abby (Ben and Kim's daughter) was at our house and wanted to try out the hill. I put her on the disk and let her go - of course by now it was quite icy and fast - she had her fill in one run and I was just happy she didn't land in the horse pasture.

And as far as forgetful - I do remember forgetting a lot of things. Does that mean I have a good or bad memory?

Grandpa Parker

Mandy said...

The pics are so cute! What a nice grandpa! Sledding brings out the kid in everyone! I especially love the snow angel pic- so precious!

heathermommy said...

becky - i'm tagging you! see my blog!

Janie said...

Cute! What a fun Grandpa! I love the blues skies too!

Abbigail said...

awesome. those mountains are so beautiful and what an awesome grandpa!